How do I Print From a Personal Windows Laptop?
Important: You must install a “BringIT Printer” to your personal Windows laptop to print to school printers while you are at school. Do not do this for LDSB Board computers, as they are already set up to print. You must be connected to the BringIT wireless network to install BringIT printers.
This is a two-step process. Step 1 only needs to be done once.
Step 1. Installing A BringIT Print Driver (You only need to do this once for a printer)
- Go to http://bringit-printers.limestone.on.ca and click on the printer you wish to install (single click to highlight the printer). You can use the Search field to narrow the list of printers to the school you are at.Once the printer is highlighted, click on the “Copy Printer” button.
- Bring up the “Run” command (press Windows Key + R).
- Press Ctrl+V to copy to copy the printer install to the Run box.
- Click on OK.
- Enter your AD Username and password as email@example.com when prompted.
- BE SURE To CLICK the “Remember My Credentials” check box so the check is there.
Step 2: Printing Your Documents
- Once the driver is installed, you can send print jobs to the printer.
- Print in the normal way, selecting the BringIT printer in your list
- In order to release print jobs sent to the BringIT Printer, you must log in to the Papercut webpage client at http://myprinting.limestone.on.ca. Once logged in, print jobs will be sent to the printer for you.
- You can leave yourself logged in (minimize the webpage) if you plan to print a few different documents while connected.