How do I Print From a Personal Mac Laptop?
Important: You must install a “BringIT Printer” to your personal Mac laptop to print to school printers while you are at school. Do not do this for LDSB Board computers, as they are already set up to print. You must be connected to the BringIT wireless network to install BringIT printers. This process may not work for older Macs.
This is a two-step process. Step 1 only needs to be done once.
Step 1 - Adding the Printer to your Mac – You only need to do this once!
1. Open System Preferences
2. Open Printers and Scanners
3. You will see a screen with your current printers listed.
4. Click on the small Plus sign at the bottom of the list to add a new printer.
5. Find the printer on the list you want to add. All BringIT printers have the word “bringit” in the name.
6. Click the Bring IT printer you want from your school, click on “Add”. You can close the Printers and Scanners window now.
Printing from your Mac – Follow this Every Time you Print
- Print in the normal way, selecting the BringIT printer in your list
- In order to release print jobs sent to the BringIT Printer, you must log in to the Papercut webpage client at http://myprinting.limestone.on.ca. Once logged in, print jobs will be sent to the printer.
You can leave yourself logged in (minimize the webpage) if you plan to print a few different documents while connected.